Guest blogging policy
At Little Lotus Boutique we’re big believers in community spirit and raising awareness of ethical issues in the fashion industry. We’re always looking to work with brilliant people and brands who share our values, so if you’re looking to guest post on our blog then we would love for you to get involved.
That being said, we do have some guidelines around guest posts to ensure that our content stays informative, relevant and useful for our lovely readers. Please take some time to review this page – it should answer any questions you have about what kind of content we’re looking for and how the submission process works.
The bare essentials:
We look for a few things in everything we publish:
- Original concepts, compelling ethical arguments and high quality writing.
- Original content – we won’t republish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
- Articles that reflect our writing style – we aim to be causal, helpful and informative.
- Proper attribution of data, quotations, outside content referenced in the article and image credits.
We welcome and encourage guest posts on sustainable, ethical and eco-friendly fashion, the Fashion Revolution, living ethically and inspiring stories about artisans and Fair Trade. We will consider most posts relating to ethical travel, lifestyle and consumerism, so if you’ve got an idea in mind we’d love to hear about it!
Please note that we won’t accept anything that’s been covered before, unless you’ve got a new angle. We also won’t consider posts that could be construed as link-building or spam, anything too promotional or anything offensive or inaccurate. We value opinions but anything that’s overly critical of individuals or companies won’t be considered.
Terms and conditions
- We will review your article and post it on our blog if we consider it to be suitable. This may take some time depending on our existing content schedule.
- We will state at the start of your article that it is a guest post, and will include an author bio at the end. We are happy to include links to your website in this bio and links to your social profiles at the end of the post if appropriate.
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your content as we see fit and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness. We will make every effort to contact you to seek approval for amends that we make, but reserve the right to publish them if we do not hear from you.
- We reserve the right to remove previously approved posts at any time without prior warning.
- We will not accept overly promotional posts or posts where you have been paid to promote a company, brand or product, or include affiliate links.
We’re trying to create an ethical online community. People read and learn from our blog and we welcome contributors with knowledge and advice to share. We’re building our social networks too, so if published, your content will be shared far and wide. We ask that you help us by promoting it across your networks too.
How to submit:
If you’d like to write for us please email Sian at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Guest Post’ as the subject.
If you’d prefer to email a sample before committing to writing the entire post, please do so at the above address, along with links of where we can view your other work.
Please include your headshot and brief author bio, website link and link to any social profiles you would like to include.